Friday, October 5, 2007

Acorns in the Bathroom


Our family just returned from a 3-day camping trip. All six of us slept in the same tent. I can handle tent camping when the campground has electricity and public restrooms with showers (very unlike where Dennis is going).

There is one thing from our trip that I just have to share, even though I suppose it is rated PG.

Okay. So as Austin(3) and I are walking to the restroom, he is collecting acorns. We are discussing how some of the acorns still have hats on them, how squirrels like to bury them, etc. I'm thoroughly enjoying being able to give him (and his interest in these acorns) my full attention. Being the fourth, Austin seldom gets my full attention.

Anyway, we get to the bathroom (acorns in hand) and step into the second of four stalls. Austin, before getting up on the potty, looks up at me and says, "Look at my nuts mommy!"

I grin to myself, trying hard to remember if there is anyone else in the bathroom. Then he says, "Aren't they cute?" I'm starting to chuckle inside when he innocently adds, "Would you hold them please?"

Had I been at home, caught up in the busy-ness of life, I know that the humor would have escaped me. I'm glad Austin had my full attention so I could smile at the little innocent words he said about his acorns in the bathroom.

5 comments:

Katherine@Raising Five said...

Oh, he is just TOO CUTE! I am totally cracking up at his sweet innocence.

Squeeze him for me, will you (I'll let you hold the nuts)?

Love,

Katherine

Jenna M said...

Sherri, that is so funny. I can just imagine Elias doing that in a few years. I love reading about your kids...makes me miss them.

Jenna

Amber said...

ROFL! So innocent and cute!

I'm glad you got to give him your FULL attention though, I'm sure that meant A LOT to both of you:)

God Bless,
Amber

fAiThFuL cHiCk said...

Tent camping = you are a very brave woman!

Mine are fascinated with their "nuts", as well. :)

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Ok, I am laughing out loud and reading that to my hubby. We just had our first boy in this house (now 8 months)...such fun!

So, was anyone else in there?