Friday, September 21, 2007

Deep Thoughts


Being new to Blogittyville and not having ventured far and wide in it, I have a limited view of this "place". I have skipped around a little bit, but for the most part I have stayed within a circle of bloggers that are Christian moms. I have been amazed (and pleasantly surprised) by many of the posts. Your heart for the Lord and your desire to live for Him come through loud and clear. I continue to be amazed by your ability to express your thoughts in such beautiful ways.

Proverbs 27:17
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

You ladies sharpen me! Bring it on! Keep challenging me! However, the depth of thought on many of your blogs has been both challenging and troublesome for me. I began to ask myself: How do they have time to develop such deep thoughts? Am I too busy? Am I just living on the surface? Am I even capable of thinking deeply anymore? In essence, I began to compare myself to you as I read your blogs. Now comparing ourselves to anyone can be just down right discouraging. That's a topic for another post.

But, isn't it amazing how subtle pride is? I have wallowed around for weeks thinking that I "needed" to post something more thought provoking or more spiritual to keep up with you ladies (little PRIDE slipping in there ya think?) What a twisted way to look at things. This is not a competition. We are all gifted in different ways and you are using your gifts in wonderful ways.

Romans 12:4-6
For just as we have many members in one body and all the members do not have the same function, so we, who are many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another. Since we have gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, each of us is to exercise them accordingly...

May the Lord put to death my desire to "keep up" with the "Blogger Reflection Award" winners and just post what He puts on my heart.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN SISTER!!

fAiThFuL cHiCk said...

Good thoughts. From a girl who bounces back and forth from deep thoughts to musings on hair and cargo pants on sale, I can definitely relate. Most of all, I think people just want to feel like they are not alone. That's what blog world seems to accomplish for most - knowing that other mom's feel the same way.

Blessings,
faithful chick

Katherine@Raising Five said...

I love this, Sherri. I don't think anyone would ever argue that you are living just on the surface. You have your priorities in the right place. There is no "keeping up" here - it's everyone contributing toward encouraging each other, whether deep thoughts or mundane ones. We need each other. I NEED YOU!

Love,
Katherine

Julie@HighFive! said...

Amen to that!

By the way, I love visiting your blog. It's the 'iron sharpens iron...'bit.

I also ordered my grainmill and bucket of wheat last week, should be here any day! I am soo excited...and it's because I read about it on your blog.

I've got a baby crying on my lap but I wanted to let you know what an encouragement you've been to me.