Wednesday, October 17, 2007

No More Muddy Swingsets

For this week's WFMW (Works For Me Wednesday) I'll share something that I implemented just this summer.

I love for my kids to go outside and play on the swings or the trampoline. However, after a good rain, encouraging them to play on the swings can be like asking for them to go play in the mud. I've found a wonderful solution! These mats keep the kids out of the mud and therefore keep the mud out of my house!!






The mats that you see in these pictures can be purchased at any Home Improvement Warehouse or Sam's Club. They are called anti-fatigue floor mats. If you are patient, you can use an Exacto-Knife or other razor type cutter and slice them into appropriate sizes for your outdoor play equipment. I don't even hesitate to send my kids out after a rain now.

Oh, one more thing, the mower doesn't pick them up. I just mow right over them. Hope this helps you as much as it has helped me!

For more great Works For Me Wednesday ideas visit Sharon at Rocks in My Dryer.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, that is just a great idea. I need to do that.

Phyllis Sommer said...

that is so cool. i would have never thought of that! now if we could just get those at the playground....hmmm...

Kathy Days said...

Fabulous! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I'll be using this one!!

Julie@HighFive! said...

THAT is awesome!! That's what I'm doing next summer! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Found your blog via WFMW. Glad I did.

Anonymous said...

Great WFMW tip!

Katherine@Raising Five said...

I need this for under my trampoline (the mud pit...).