Monday, September 8, 2008

Precious Times, Precious Friends


I can't believe it!! Katherine came to see me and she brought her daughter "Libby" to play with "Grace". As I waited for them at the airport, a ton of strangers poured through the doors (evoking zero emotional response from me). Oh the contrast when I saw their faces! I was overwhelmed with emotion. What a joy to be together again!

There were so many things to show them in my (relatively new) neck of the woods. We got up early and stayed up late, and boy did we cram a lot of fun into those 3 days. We hiked, toured the Smokies, watched synchronized fireflies, stared at the Milky Way, tubed down the river, went way underground to see some amazing caverns and laughed until we cried.

Our girls hadn't seen each other in years, but they hit it off again and kept us laughing.


2 comments:

Katherine@Raising Five said...

Oh, that was so fun! I miss you!! Let's do it again next year!

Love,
Katherine

Kendall said...

Hey!
Love your blog, come check out mine!

~ Kendall